Close X

Pima County Bar Lawyer Referral Service

Lawyer Referral Service of the Pima County Bar AssociationWhen you need a lawyer, we can help.Call (520) 623-4625


  • What is the Pima County Bar's Lawyer Referral Service?
    • Established in 1956, the Lawyer Referral Service (LRS) is a public service provided by the Pima County Bar Association (PCBA). We make referrals to lawyers or provide other legal resources specializing in the area of law related to your specific situation. If you have a legal problem, or think you might need a lawyer, contact the LRS, and we will put in you in touch with the appropriate lawyer or resource.
  • What are your hours?
    • Our business hours are 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. We are closed on all major holidays. You can leave us a voicemail after normal business hours, and we will return your call as soon as we are able. You can also fill out an online request here, and we will respond during our next business day.
  • How does your service work?
    • Call the LRS phone service at (520) 623-4625.  You will speak with a trained LRS Operator about your legal concern. The LRS Operator can provide you with relevant legal resources and a referral to a participating LRS attorney. A $35 nonrefundable referral fee is due at the time of the referral.  You will be given the contact information of ONE attorney, and it is your responsibility to contact the attorney and arrange the consultation.  We will alert the attorney to expect your call. You and the LRS attorney will have a consultation (by phone or in person - your choice), up to 30 minutes. Any additional time, assistance, or related fees is between you and the attorney. Should you have any concerns or problems, please contact us. 
  • What should I expect when I consult with the attorney?
    • At the meeting, the lawyer will discuss your legal concern with you and advise you of the options for handling it. It is important that you bring all papers related to your legal matter to the meeting. It will save you time and money. If you choose to have the lawyer handle your legal matter, you will need to discuss the lawyer's fees during your meeting. Fees are based on the time and type of work involved and the difficulty in handling the legal concern. Be sure you understand what the lawyer will do and how the fee will be determined. You should ask the lawyer for a written fee agreement explaining how the fee will be determined. (And if you are unable to keep your scheduled appointment, please notify the lawyer.) 
  • Can I go to the Pima County Bar office in Downtown Tucson and speak to a Lawyer Referral Service attorney in person?
    • The Pima County Bar office has legal forms available to members of the public, and regularly has visitors for this purpose.  However, LRS is a phone service.  To get an attorney referral, one must call (520) 623-4625.  There are no attorneys at the Pima County Bar office, waiting to assist LRS clients.  Also, the trained LRS Operator can listen and help, yet cannot provide legal advice.  We encourage you to call the LRS phone number when you need an attorney.  
  • Can I get a list of attorneys who can help me with my legal concern?
    • LRS provides only one attorney at a time. All of our attorneys are qualified in the needed legal areas, and must meet our program's requirements and qualifications to participate.  If you have any concerns about the attorney referred to you, we encourage you to contact us.
  • My financial situation has me concerned about being able to afford an attorney. What are my options?
    • If you have a civil case, you can check with Southern Arizona Legal Aid to see if you meet their program requirements.  We have a QUILT Modest Means program available in certain legal areas for those who meet the financial requirements.  Also, for individuals trying to save money and take care of their family law case on their own, who need help with some parts of their case (but not all), we also have LRS attorneys in family law who provide limited scope representation.  
  • Do you offer any benefits to veterans and their spouses?
    • The Pima County Bar Association supports veterans and their families. Please contact the Lawyer Referral Service for more information about our services for veterans. 
  • Why should I use LRS to find an attorney instead searching other online legal services or turning to the yellow pages?
    • There are several great reasons to turn to LRS when in need of legal help, and you can find them here.  You can also read what other LRS clients have had to say about their own experiences with LRS.
The Pima County Bar Lawyer Referral Service can be a great starting point when you need legal help.  If you have any questions, contact us!

Call (520) 623-4625
or complete the contact form above

    Go to Top